[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Bingley Angling Club • View topic - Wrays Wood

Wrays Wood

Going Fishin? Want to know where's fishing ? Ask in here

Moderator: Gen

PostPosted: 03. 03. 2016. (23:07)
First session on this cracking venue today and i managed to winkle out a 5-6lb barbel on lobworm.
Rivers and the inhabitants of the watery element are made for wise men to contemplate, and for fools to pass by without consideration - Izaak Walton.

Senior
PostPosted: 04. 03. 2016. (09:30)
Hi Dave
welcome to the club and forum, thanks for the info. you have put on, i cant give you any details on Myton it is the only club water i have not fished bit i am sure somebody will post on it.
Charlie

PostPosted: 04. 03. 2016. (17:33)
Rivers and the inhabitants of the watery element are made for wise men to contemplate, and for fools to pass by without consideration - Izaak Walton.

PostPosted: 07. 03. 2016. (19:15)
Just one more session for me and my dad before the end of the season. Hopefully the level will keep falling so i can give the stick float and centepin a go. (At least i know where some of the snags are now :) )

Dave

Senior
PostPosted: 09. 03. 2016. (15:08)
Hoping to get up on Sunday if conditions are OK
I so need to catch a barbel :)
Looking to save money or make money?
Visit the cash retriever at http://www.bigreddog.co.uk

PostPosted: 09. 03. 2016. (16:11)
Just got back from a very wet session. Fished for 3 and a half hours fishing lobworm further out in the main flow and ran a 5no4 lignum stick 2 rod lengths out feeding little and often with maggots and hemp.
I didn't have a single bite despite the water temperature been up a degree to 42f. I fished a different swim to last time as i don't like fishing the same swims when there is so much to go at 8-)
The level was down on last weeks reading 0.79 (Flint Mill) but rose 2 inch (no surprise) while i was there, and the colour had gone from last week which didn't help. I did catch a glimpse at a mink popping up in my swim then swimming towards the far bank.

Dave

Senior
PostPosted: 09. 03. 2016. (16:28)
Hoping it should settle down a bit between now and Sunday.
Could have had a new coat by now if i'd collared ever mink I saw on the banks in the last couple of years. :lol:

PostPosted: 09. 03. 2016. (19:02)
Does our stretch start at the bridge below the weir as i couldn't see a sign there when i fished that end last week. Also i accessed that end via the stile in the car park but found there was a fence at the bottom with no access point so i climbed under the fence.

Dave

Senior
PostPosted: 09. 03. 2016. (19:36)
I think thats the top end.
If you are talking about the electric fence there a couple of insulated areas that you can unhook and use to open the fence while you go through.

PostPosted: 09. 03. 2016. (22:43)
Next

Return to Where and when?